Wednesday, July 21, 2010

In or Out?: Covergirl's Outlast Lip Stain

Okay, so I've been waiting to try a lip stain out after seeing ads for Maybelline's and Revlon's new lip stains, but I still can't find them in stores. Without being able to wait any longer I decided to try Covergirl's product. I got the color, Plum Pout (425) and it was about $9, not bad. First day I got it I loved it! It was just sooo simple, pretty, and quick! I liked that throughout the day I just needed to use a lip balm, no mirror required! And it kind of tasted like raspberries, and along with my vanilla lip balm it was the perfect combo! I used it for like the 5th time today and....ugh, sigh, it's starting to run low:( I just had to shake it a couple times, but it's still disappointing that it doesn't last longer. Also it only made my lips a tad dry. I have the stain on now and only applied lip balm this morning and my lips are great! So let's review, shall we?

Pros:
1. cheap and comes in great colors
2. easy to work with and doesn't taste bad
3. doesn't over dry lips and color stays

Cons:
1. didn't last as long as I thought
2. felt tip starts off pretty feathered when you buy it (ya it doesn't look like the photo, what a shock)

I don't think I would buy this lip stain again. Overall I'd give it a 6. Sadly I'm still on the hunt for the perfect lip stain.

No comments:

Post a Comment